Pregnancy Massage, or prenatal massage, can help you cope with the changes to your body that occur while you are pregnant. It can be especially useful to ease discomfort at a time when you can’t use some medicines or some other medical options. This type of natural touch therapy reduces overall stress, reduces swelling in the arms and legs, relieves muscle and joint pain in pregnant women. Massage in pregnancy can involve many different massage techniques. It is usually a gentle massage and is completely safe and effective.
Why should pregnant mums get massage?
During pregnancy mothers experience unique physical and emotional changes, resulting from increases in weight, shifting posture and increasing and/or decreasing hormone levels. Pregnancy brings with it an increased physical discomfort, ranging from muscular tension and headaches, to pressure on the knees. Pregnancy can also put a lot of stress on your back, shoulders, neck and abdominal muscles. Pregnancy massage is designed to relieve aches and pains and alleviate other pregnancy related symptoms that are common during pregnancy.
What does a pregnancy massage involve?
Before the massage begins, your therapist will talk to you about your health and lifestyle. Your massage therapist will help you to get comfortable with pillows to ensure an enjoyable experience and will cover you with towels to protect your privacy and to keep you warm. We use only safe and proven massage techniques to ensure the increased well-being of mother and child. You will feel comfortable, safe and supported while receiving your massage.
The health benefits of pregnancy massage
There is plenty of scientific evidence that massage during pregnancy reduces stress hormones, relaxes and loosens tight muscles, increases blood flow and improves the lymphatic system. It has been shown to improve mood, lower anxiety and help expectant mothers sleep better. Pregnancy massage has also been shown to be very effective during labour to help manage pain and improve your emotional experience of labour.
Other benefits of pregnancy massage:
• Help loosen contracted, shortened muscles and stimulate weak, flaccid muscles
• Improve posture and promote more efficient movement
• Increase energy levels
• Balance the nervous system
• Improve production of gastric juices, saliva and urine
• Increase the blood’s oxygen capacity by 10-15%
• Speed up excretion of nitrogen, inorganic phosphorus, and sodium chloride
• Improves function of the oil and sweat glands that lubricate, clean and cool the skin.
• Stimulates nerves that supply internal organs which can dilate the organs’ blood vessels, improving blood supply.
• Make inflexible skin softer and more supple
• Delivers emotional support through nurturing touch.
• Prevention of varicose veins.
• Reduction of stress on weight-bearing joints.
• Increased circulation improves baby’s oxygen supply.
• Reduced swelling in hands and feet.
• Improves elasticity of the skin and stabilises hormone levels.
• Alleviates back and neck pain caused by muscular imbalance/weakness.
All in all, a pregnancy massage is not just about treating your body, it’s also a special time to relax and unwind your mind.
Always talk to your doctor before you have a pregnancy massage, especially if:
• you are in the first trimester
• you have nausea, vomiting, or morning sickness
• you are at high risk of miscarriage
• you have a high-risk pregnancy (such as due to preeclampsia or high blood pressure)
• you have a blood clot, for example deep vein thrombosis
• you have abdominal pain or bleeding.
Prenatal massage may improve the progression of labour with better health outcomes for both the mother and her baby. More relaxed mothers tend to have a lower risk of interventions during labour and birth. Pregnant women often find a massage rejuvenates their energy because it gives them an opportunity to rest and completely relax. It can help improve sleep due to feeling less muscle tension and generally less uncomfortable. Book your Pregnancy Massage today and enjoy the benefits for yourself and for baby.
You can find more information about Pregnancy Massage here> http://www.happymassage.com/wiki/Pregnancy_Massage
“Lauren’s pregnancy massage was simply amazing! My aches and pains are gone, definitely feeling more relaxed, less stressed now and I’m sure that is good for baby too. Thank you so much Lauren for your caring and healing touch, definitely recommend you to anyone expecting a bubba (((hugs)))”
— Sharon Fields, Gold Coast.
We are presently providing Pregnancy Massage on the sunny Gold Coast, only a short drive from Surfers Paradise. Broadbeach, Pacific Fair, Mermaid Beach, Southport, Labrador, Australia Fair, Miami, Miami Beach, Robina, Merrimac, Varsity Lakes, Mudgeeraba, Burleigh, Burleigh Heads, Reedy Creek, Benowa, Bundal, Arundel, Molindinar, Maudsland, Bonogin, Elanora, Palm Beach, Currumbin, Tugun, Mermaid Waters, Ashmore, Carrara, Nerang, Boonoroo Park, Highland Park, Helensvale, Pacific Pines, Gaven, Worongary, Clear Island Waters, Hope Island, Isle of Capri, Parkwood, Coombabah, Coomera, Gilston, etc…. If you are seeking Remedial Massage therapy then we can refer you to someone in your area or you may like to book in for a Relaxation Massage or Lomi Lomi Massage
We look forward to seeing you soon.